Controversy in the Church
While the Churches of the Young Gods present a unified front, their philosophies and policies differ.
The following are typical stances taken by clergy of the various gods:
On the Great Battle:
- Eidar: The purpose of mortal life is to prepare ourselves for the Great Battle.
- Kass: We should assist in the Great Battle as possible, but we must first take care of our own people.
- Mavi: Our primary goal should be to prepare for the Great Battle. Most progress helps both the people and our preparations for the Battle.
- Radek: We should assist in the Battle as possible, but not to our detriment.
- Fex: Little is known about the Great Battle. We must learn more.
- Shen: We must win the fight in Haven before we concern ourselves with the fights of the Gods.
How to deal with oathbreakers:
- Eidar: Kill them. It is better to send evildoers to the Great Battle before they acquire more power.
- Kass: We should rehabilitate them. This is the most effective way to bolster the forces of good.
- Mavi: Jail them or kill them. Oathbreakers cannot be trusted and the risk of false rehabilitation is too great.
- Radek, Fex, and Shen: Rehabilitate them, jail them, or kill them, depending on the circumstances.
On the Outer Regions (areas not controlled by the Covenant):
- Eidar: The Outer Regions do not concern us. We shall conquer their evil masters in the Great Battle and that shall be the end of them.
- Kass, Mavi, and Fex: The Outer Regions are dangerous, soaked in the scent of evil. We should avoid them so that their poison does not corrupt the Covenant.
- Radek: The Outer Regions contain valuable land and resources that we can leverage to our benefit.
- Shen: The Outer Regions are powerful and conquering them would spread our resources too thin. We must save our strength to fight Veran’s forces when he inevitably returns.